This post may contain affiliate links. Read my disclosure policy.
I learned at an early age, clinging to hope is a lot more productive than clinging to the fear that surrounded me. We all struggle with fear of the unknown in different seasons of life. In those moments we need a little hope to hold on to. I put together a list of 6 Bible verses on hope for the times in life when we need to remember to cling to Jesus, our living hope.
Growing up, my home life was a war zone. I used to huddle under the covers at night and listen to my bootleg Walkman to help drown out the noise of things breaking and people screaming. The only station that came in clearly was a Christian station.
It’s amazing how truly real, relatable and tangible the Lord’s love became to me during those late-night gospel jam sessions under the covers. I’m so thankful for that blessing.
I learned at such a tender young age the necessity to hold onto Jesus tightly when life gets crazy.
While the world was spinning in chaos around me, I would find safety, peace and security in the promises of Scripture as the music lulled me to sleep. I had hope in my hardest moments.
I’m forever grateful to the inventor of that Walkman and thankful for the adults that poured into my young heart on Sunday mornings at church.
I learned over the years that we can seek joy when life is hard. Clinging to the good stuff like Jesus is far healthier than focusing on all the bad stuff that happens around us.
There is so much bad stuff in our world today. It can get depressing if we focus on the headlines instead of taking time to find joy in the world around us. It’s a challenge to find hope in our hardships, but it’s there if we look for it.
God is writing your story. Some chapters are harder than others, but God is with you through every sentence, paragraph, page and chapter of your book.
The hardest parts of life are often the best opportunities to uncover the deepest parts of God and His great love for us. Having a list of Bible verses on hope can help remind us to cling to joy when life gets hard.6 Bible verses that give you hope in hard times! #hope #trustinJesus #freefromabuse #showeredingrace Click To Tweet
6 Bible Verses On Hope
- Give all your worries and cares to God, for he cares about you. 1 Peter 5:7
- For our present troubles are small and won’t last very long. Yet they produce for us a glory that vastly outweighs them and will last forever! 2 Corinthians 4: 17
- He heals the brokenhearted and bandages their wounds. Psalm 147:3
- I pray that God, the source of hope, will fill you completely with joy and peace because you trust in him. Then you will overflow with confident hope through the power of the Holy Spirit. Romans 15:13
- You keep track of all my sorrows. You have collected all my tears in your bottle. You have recorded each one in your book. Psalm 56:8
- God blesses those who mourn, for they will be comforted. Matthew 5:4